Our Members say it best!
"CRGI provides Home Hardware with a spectrum of benefits that are indispensable to our business, from raw material screening to benchmark testing to product development and beyond. CRGI has improved our manufacturing efficiency and overall commercial competence through a network of specialists who share their knowledge willingly. We wouldn’t be without them.” - Darrin Noble - Vice President and General Manager Home Hardware Stores Limited, Beauti-Tone Paint and Home Products
Founded in 1956, Coatings Research Group, Inc. is a non-profit association of Coatings Manufacturers dedicated to the benefits of co-operative research and development of coatings. CRGI is an independent paint testing laboratory accredited to ISO 17025 standards.
We operate a 10,000 square foot laboratory near Cleveland, OH employing highly experienced Scientists and Chemists average over 20 years experience.
Our staff is experienced in:
- Architectural, Industrial, Automotive, and Packaging coatings
- Color Science, Computer Color Matching and Point-of-Sale systems including Dispensing and Shaking, Instrumentation, and Test Method development
- Quality – ISO-9001, 9002, 17025, 14001; QS-9000, TS-16949
- Six Sigma
Coatings manufacturers require specialized technology and business tools to stay competitive in an ever changing marketplace. Here are some of those tools provided by CRGI:
- A full array of paint formulation, testing, and equipment calibration in our ISO 17025 accredited laboratory
- The GREEN WISE® certification program for testing and certifying products for low VOC and product performance according to environmentally responsible standards
- Cooperative R&D projects that help reduce costs and accelerate innovation
- Private project work for members to reduce development time and increase speed to market
- Benchmarking studies to assess best-by-test performance of member and competitive products
- Free participation in annual Inter-Laboratory Studies
- A secure members-only website with online problem solving, and searchable archives of years of technical reports
- Face-to-face information sharing through:
- Annual Board of Directors Meeting, where CEO's / GM’s meet to share best business practices
- Technical Directors Meetings twice per year, with roundtable discussions on pre-announced topics
- Manufacturing Conferences once per year, which can include an in-depth tour of a member’s plant
- Product Managers / Marketing Conferences every three years
Pure and Simple...CRGI multiplies your R&D capabilities helping you be more competitive!